Thursday, March 2, 2023

My Top 5 Sources of News and Information

 Nowadays the News is everywhere and many different brands and companies report the news to the masses. While people search for places that share unbiased news so that can be the most informed. I have also searched for that as well and believe that there are some places where I get information.


1. The New York Times

While the New York Times does have a small left-leaning bias, it is a good place to get a lot of facts about different news stories and current events. The New York Times is very influential and no matter where you are everyone knows about the Times. The Times has a set of rules that the writers must abide by when it comes to writing articles so for that reason it is a good source of information because you know that there will be unbiased statistics and information before they go into interpreting that information. 



2. ESPN 

I am always viewing and watching sports and that is one thing that I am very passionate about for that reason, I see a lot of media and news relating to sports on ESPN. ESPN is the place to find the most information in the sports world, whether that is trades and contracts, or information about players and what they stand for. ESPN always has breaking news and recaps from what happened the night before in the sports world which is great for those who care about sports but don't have the time to watch every game, like myself and many others. 



3. Google News

As a college student, I am on my computer every day. My preferred browser is Google so whether I knew it or not I had been exposed to Google News for a very long time. This news site is helpful because it is very easily accessible and helps you find articles from different biases or sites that you may want to read. They also do a good job of reporting breaking news to the masses through their site. You can see those breaking news articles because they show up on your computer as notifications and you can choose to read them with just a click of a button. 


4. WSOC-TV

I have been living in the Charlotte area for the last 12 years so whenever my family needed information on local news we would turn to Channel 9 WSOC-TV. Local news stations are nice because they show you the facts without showing any bias in what they say. WSOC always did great with breaking news in our charlotte area and did a good job at showing both heartwarming stories and stories that needed to be reported on at that moment. There were always reporters out at the scene of the interviews and crime scenes to get the best information and be the best reporters to the watchers of their channel. When you go on their website it shows important stories that the people in Charlotte need to know. 



5. Fox News

Throughout my life both my parents loved to watch Fox News to get their news and information so when I would be spending time with my family this would be on in the background. Now since I'm in college, my parents will inform me about any news that they find as important and the things that they send me are always on Fox News. Fox News is a right-leaning news source which is good because when you see a left-leaning news station you can compare the information that you are getting from both sites on the topic at hand. Fox news is always reporting and debating with other people so they have information that no other site would have just based on the interviews that they conduct. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

Growing up, I had a very interesting relationship with technology. My parents were much older than parents of kids that were my age so they ...